[DAS] maxbins in DAS1.6?

Thomas Down thomas.a.down at googlemail.com
Tue Sep 15 11:27:15 UTC 2009

Out of curiosity, how are you testing the maxbins support (except, I guess,
checking that servers don't blow up when sent the maxbins query parameter)?

Also, is there any way for individual datasources to advertise whether or
not they're implementing maxbins?  In the past, clients have been able to
re-use cached data when the user zooms in, but maxbins breaks that
assumption.  But it would be nice to be able to just re-fetch data for tiers
which are actually likely to change when you zoom.

            Thomas.