[DAS] Question about DAS clients and DAS registry servers

Jonathan Warren jw12 at sanger.ac.uk
Mon Jan 12 12:53:09 UTC 2009

Hi Dan

Thanks for putting up the table - I'll add some info to it shortly.
The dasregistry source code is downloadable using subversion at
http://www.derkholm.net/svn/repos/dasregistry/trunk/

You will also need a mysql instance set up. I can send you some info on
that if you wish.

There are many dependencies and configurations needed- so it may take a
while to set up a fully fledged version - it may be better to experiment
with your sources using the real one - I'll help you out if you need
clarification on anything such as error messages and logs. Or is it that
you don't want to release your data to the world and only want an in
house version?

I think I would recomment using ensembl to connect to your sources in
the first instance - but if you want the client to sit on your
desktop/local server then maybe GBrowse (this is for genomic annotations
obvioyusly)?