[DAS] Problem in extracting chromsome from gbk formatted flatfile of Ciona intestinalis

Ramkumar Sundaram siyasriram at gmail.com
Thu Dec 14 09:43:40 UTC 2006

Hello Sir/Madam,

I downloaded genbank formatted flat files from for Ciona intestinalis from
the ftp url :
ftp://ftp.ensembl.org/pub/current_ciona_intestinalis/data/flatfiles/genbank/
.

When I tried to extract chromosome number (1P, 1Q........) for a particular
gene id I was not able to find the chromosome field in the downloaded .dat
files. Could you please tell me How to extract chromosome number from
downloaded .dat files?

I would be helpful if you help me in my ongoing research.

Regards,

Ramkumar.S
Bioinformatics Programmer,
Asenterra Systems Pvt. Ltd.