[DAS] DAS for protein structures

Andreas Prlic ap3 at sanger.ac.uk
Thu Jul 22 08:33:17 EDT 2004

Hi everybody!

I am working together with Thomas Down and Tim Hubbard as part of the
eFamily project to extend the DAS protocol towards protein structures.
During this work we realised that two new DAS command extensions are
required for this:

* structure   - requests 3D coordinates
* alignment - requests a pairwise or multiple alignment of protein
structures, sequences, or chromosomes.

To read more details please access the specification at
http://www.sanger.ac.uk/xml/das/documentation/

Two example requests:
http://das.sanger.ac.uk/das/aligpdbsp/alignment?query=1a4a
http://das.sanger.ac.uk/das/structure/structure?query=1a4a

The extensions allow new clients to be implemented. A prototype of a
client for protein structures can be accessed at:
http://www.sanger.ac.uk/Users/ap3/DAS/SPICE/stable/spice.html

Regards,
Andreas

Andreas Prlic      Wellcome Trust Sanger Institute
                   Hinxton, Cambridge CB10 1SA, UK