[DAS] Question about empty page and dazzlecfg.xml configuration

Selmar Leeuwenburgh project4.bioinformatics at erasmusmc.nl
Mon Jul 12 04:46:00 EDT 2004

Hi,

I have a, probably very easy to solve, problem. I am at the moment
trying to install dazzle on tomcat 5.0.25. i am reading the “setting up
a Ensembl DAS Server” from www.ensembl.org/Docs/das_server_v1.2.pdf
<http://www.ensembl.org/Docs/das_server_v1.2.pdf>. I am now on page 6 in
the last part of step5. I read there “if you get an error message or an
empty page then check the servlet error log for the source of the
problem. 98 % of the problems are related to errors in the configuration
of the Dazzle webapp (i.e. In the dazzlecfg)”

So i get an directory listing when i typ “http://localhost:8080/das/” as
url in the address bar. Do you know what i need to add or change in the
dazzlecfg.xml?

With kind regards,

Selmar.

The current dazzlecfg.xml from my /usr/dazzle/dazzle-webapp-1.01 directory:

<!--
Example configuration file for the Dazzle servlet.

Please check all paths and URIs before deploying this on

your own server.

Information of configuring and deploying Dazzle can

be found at:

http://www.biojava.org/dazzle/

Alternatively, questions can be mailed to:

Thomas Down <td2 at sanger.ac.uk>

-->

<dazzle xmlns="http://www.biojava.org/2000/dazzle">

<!-- Test reference server -->

<datasource id="test"
jclass="org.biojava.servlets.dazzle.datasource.EmblDataSource">

<string name="name" value="Test seqs" />

<string name="description" value="Test set for promoter-finding software" />

<string name="version" value="default" />

<string name="fileName" value="test.embl" />

<string name="stylesheet" value="test.style" />

</datasource>

<!-- Test annotation server. Note that the mapMaster property must

be changed to match your reference server -->

<datasource id="tss"
jclass="org.biojava.servlets.dazzle.datasource.GFFAnnotationSource">

<string name="name" value="TSS" />

<string name="description" value="Transcription start sites" />

<string name="version" value="default" />

<string name="fileName" value="fickett-tss.gff" />

<boolean name="dotVersions" value="true" />

<string name="mapMaster" value="http://localhost:8080/das/test/" />

<string name="stylesheet" value="tss.style" />

</datasource>

</dazzle>

directory listing of /usr/tomcat/jakarta-tomcat-5.0.25/webapps

balancer/ das/ das.war jsp-examples/ ROOT/ servlets-examples/
tomcat-docs/ webdav/