[DAS] Entry_points - wormbase elegans

Andreas Kahari ak at ebi.ac.uk
Thu Apr 1 09:59:11 EST 2004

On Thu, Apr 01, 2004 at 03:21:37PM +0100, Andreas Kahari wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 01, 2004 at 02:36:47PM +0100, avilella wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > again another tricky point where the entry_points call to the elegans
> > dsn of wormbase is empty:
> >
> > http://www.wormbase.org/db/das/elegans/entry_points
> >
> > <?xml version="1.0" standalone="no"?>
> > <!DOCTYPE DASEP SYSTEM "http://www.biodas.org/dtd/dasep.dtd">
> > <DASEP>
> > <ENTRY_POINTS href="http://www.wormbase.org/db/das/elegans/entry_points" version="1.0">
> > </ENTRY_POINTS>
> > </DASEP>
> >
> > Surprisingly, I have no problem with the briggsae entry_points query:
> >
> > http://www.wormbase.org/db/das/briggsae/entry_points
> >
> > Does that mean that the elegans dsn is empty in wormbase?
> >

> No, it just means that the server didn't provide any usable data
> for the entry_points command for one or another reason.
>
> There is data in there.  See e.g.
>
>     http://www.wormbase.org/db/das/elegans/features?segment=F28B3
>

> The sources are possibly served off two differently implemented
> adaptors/plugins/modules/servers.

For the list:  After discussion with Albert (avilella), I've
decided that the DAS server is misbehaving and will point this
out to whoever is running it.

Does anyone on the list know who that might be?

Andreas

--
|=][=| Andreas Kähäri      EMBL, European Bioinformatics Institute
|[==]|                     Wellcome Trust Genome Campus
|=][=| DAS Project Leader  Hinxton, Cambridgeshire, CB10 1SD