[DAS] Entry_points - wormbase elegans

Andreas Kahari ak at ebi.ac.uk
Thu Apr 1 09:21:37 EST 2004

On Thu, Apr 01, 2004 at 02:36:47PM +0100, avilella wrote:
> Hi,
>
> again another tricky point where the entry_points call to the elegans
> dsn of wormbase is empty:
>
> http://www.wormbase.org/db/das/elegans/entry_points
>
> <?xml version="1.0" standalone="no"?>
> <!DOCTYPE DASEP SYSTEM "http://www.biodas.org/dtd/dasep.dtd">
> <DASEP>
> <ENTRY_POINTS href="http://www.wormbase.org/db/das/elegans/entry_points" version="1.0">
> </ENTRY_POINTS>
> </DASEP>
>
> Surprisingly, I have no problem with the briggsae entry_points query:
>
> http://www.wormbase.org/db/das/briggsae/entry_points
>
> Does that mean that the elegans dsn is empty in wormbase?

No, it just means that the server didn't provide any usable data
for the entry_points command for one or another reason.

There is data in there.  See e.g.

    http://www.wormbase.org/db/das/elegans/features?segment=F28B3

The sources are possibly served off two differently implemented
adaptors/plugins/modules/servers.

Andreas