[DAS] segments, features and overlaps

Tony Cox avc at sanger.ac.uk
Thu May 15 21:39:31 EDT 2003

This is a general question - the current DAS spec states:

"Annotation servers are only required to return annotations which are
completely contained within the indicated segment. Servers may also return
annotations which overlap the segment, but are not completely contained
within them"

There is a bit of room for choice here and I was wondering if there is any
consensus for supplying features that overlap a requested segment boundary
or not? Also I presume that this also applies to reference servers?

I think dazzle doesn't?

Tony

Tony Cox                        Email:avc at sanger.ac.uk
Sanger Institute                WWW:www.sanger.ac.uk
Wellcome Trust Genome Campus    Webmaster
Hinxton                         Tel: +44 1223 834244
Cambs. CB10 1SA                 Fax: +44 1223 494919