[DAS] Problems downloading the Lightweight DAS Server

chris dagdigian dag@sonsorol.org
Tue, 15 Oct 2002 15:31:22 -0400

Hello everyone,

Apologies for the FTP issues. We have a DMZ-zone router upstream from
our web and FTP servers that is blocking the ports used for the data
parts of the FTP session. This is taking longer than it should to resolve,

In the meantime and specifically for www.biodas.org I've added a web
server configuration directive that will map the FTP root into the website.

If you point your browser to: http://www.biodas.org/download/
you can navigate the available files including the snapshot directory
and download (using HTTP) any file you like.

The best way to report server or config issues is to email the OBF
system administrators at "root-l@bioperl.org". That will ensure that
someone else takes action if I am unavailable or not online.

Regards,
Chris
Open-Bio.org