[DAS] DAS clients

Ewan Birney birney@ebi.ac.uk
Tue, 5 Nov 2002 08:22:10 +0000 (GMT)

On Mon, 4 Nov 2002, Gosink, Mark (SEA) wrote:

> Hello all,
> 	I'm trying to find out what das client are available.
> 	I am a relative DAS neophyte and I am trying to set up a das server
> behind our firewall. I am using the LDas server and it appears to be working
> correctly. (At least it is returning what is described in the documentation)
> However, when I run DasClient I only see the reference sequences and never
> any of the annotations. (Links to the UCSC das server appear to work just
> fine.)

I think the LDAS framework has a Perl client library (not graphically
GUI...). Another option which is not as quite as mad as it sounds is
setting up the Ensembl web site (there are straightforward instructions -
usually takes about 1 day).

Also Apollo I know is developing DAS client behaviour but I am not sure if
it is releases. As I think Apollo's DAS client behaviour was tested
against LDAS, Dazzle and UCSC it "shoudl work fine". Ask the apollo guys
(apollo@fruitfly.org I think - if not ask Michele Clamp -
michele@sanger.ac.uk directly)