[DAS] dsn

Tony Cox avc@sanger.ac.uk
Thu, 21 Mar 2002 16:23:40 +0000 (GMT)

On Thu, 21 Mar 2002, Brian Gilman wrote:

This is a good idea. And timely too. I'm trying to work out why Ensembl will not
play nicely with some of Foo's DAS sources. You will need to get around the
problem of the entry_points/coordinate systems to do complete tests though.

Tony

+>Hello all,
+>
+>	I think we need to start a new project under biodas for
+>conformance testing to the spec. I have no problems having a go at coding
+>this up as I think the community really needs this. I can image a simple
+>web page where you input a URL to your DAS server and get a little table
+>out that tells you if you pass or fail each test that we run. This testing
+>suite would include sections for:
+>
+>	1) Properly formatted HTTP headers
+>	2) Proper response codes
+>	3) Valid XML
+>	4) Proper parsing of GET/POST to the server
+>
+>	This can be written as a simple Servlet/JSP application so that it
+>is easily accessible to all DAS providers.
+>
+>	what do others think of this??
+>
+>
+>				Best,
+>
+>					-B
+>
+>-----------------------
+>Brian Gilman <gilmanb@genome.wi.mit.edu>
+>Sr. Software Engineer MIT/Whitehead Inst. Center for Genome Research
+>One Kendall Square, Bldg. 300 / Cambridge, MA 02139-1561 USA
+>phone +1 617  252 1069 / fax +1 617 252 1902
+>
+>
+>
+>DAS mailing list