[DAS] dsn

Brian Gilman gilmanb@genome.wi.mit.edu
Thu, 21 Mar 2002 10:46:41 -0500 (EST)

Hello all,

	I think we need to start a new project under biodas for
conformance testing to the spec. I have no problems having a go at coding
this up as I think the community really needs this. I can image a simple
web page where you input a URL to your DAS server and get a little table
out that tells you if you pass or fail each test that we run. This testing
suite would include sections for:

	1) Properly formatted HTTP headers
	2) Proper response codes
	3) Valid XML
	4) Proper parsing of GET/POST to the server

	This can be written as a simple Servlet/JSP application so that it
is easily accessible to all DAS providers.

	what do others think of this??

				Best,

					-B

Brian Gilman <gilmanb@genome.wi.mit.edu>
Sr. Software Engineer MIT/Whitehead Inst. Center for Genome Research
One Kendall Square, Bldg. 300 / Cambridge, MA 02139-1561 USA
phone +1 617  252 1069 / fax +1 617 252 1902