[DAS] little tweaks to the synopsis & a question

Mark Wilkinson mwilkinson@gene.pbi.nrc.ca
Mon, 14 Jan 2002 14:06:20 -0600

Hi DAS-ers!

I was just mucking about with Das.pm and noticed that the Synopsis code
was not runnable.  The fixed code is below...
I don't know if it is worth updating the documentation or not...??

Anyway, just a quick question to the group - using Bio::Das (v1), the
documentation says that Das::Segment::Feature implements
Bio::SeqFeatureI.  Great!!!  Does Das::Segment (or other) implement
Bio::SeqI?  That would be even greater :-)

Cheers!

-----------

use Bio::Das;

# contact a DAS server using the "elegans" data source
my $das      = Bio::Das->new('http://www.wormbase.org/db/das' =>
'elegans');

# fetch a segment
my $segment  =
$das->segment(-ref=>'CHROMOSOME_I',-start=>10_000,-stop=>20_000);

# get features and DNA from segment
my @features = $segment->features;
my $dna      = $segment->dna;

# find out what data sources are available:
my $db       = Bio::Das->new('http://www.wormbase.org/db/das');
my @sources = $db->sources;

# select a source
$db->dsn($sources[0]);

# find out what feature types are available
#my @types       = $db->types;

# get the stylesheet
my $stylesheet  = $db->stylesheet;

# get the entry points