[DAS] Dazzle reference server and ensembl 1.2.0 data

Thomas Down td2@sanger.ac.uk
Fri, 11 Jan 2002 15:21:36 +0000

On Tue, Jan 08, 2002 at 04:04:26PM -0500, Geoff Purdy wrote:
> A couple of questions regarding deploying a Dazzle reference server using
> the ensembl 1.2.0 dataset...
>
> The docs and code referenced in "Deploying an ensembl-das reference server"
> ( http://www.biojava.org/dazzle/ensembldas.html ) appear to assume an
> ensembl 1.1.x database.
>
> I currently have a Dazzle reference server running off of the ensembl 1.1.x
> back end.  What do I need to change to deploy a Dazzle reference server
> compatible with ensembl 1.2.0?
>
> Is there any chance an updated webapp skeleton will be posted similar to
> http://www.biojava.org/download/ensembl-das/ensembl-das-webapp-20011016.tar.
> gz but for 1.2.0 data?

I've put a new one up now:

  http://www.biojava.org/download/ensembl-das/

You should be able to download the file:

  ensembl-das-webapp-20020111.tar.gz

This is exactly the same as the last one I posted, except with
some updated JAR files.  It ought to work with all ensembl versions
from 80 to 120, and should handle the forthcoming release as well!
Just remember to set the schemaVersion property to the appropriate
value when configuring database connections.

All the instructions at:

  http://www.biojava.org/dazzle/ensembldas.html

Should still be valid.

Hope this helps,