[DAS] Dazzle with Ensembl 3.26.1

Thomas Down td2@sanger.ac.uk
Thu, 14 Feb 2002 19:56:56 +0000

On Thu, Feb 14, 2002 at 06:10:45PM -0000, Stefano Tine wrote:

> Dazzle 0.94
> Tomcat 3.3
> Ensembl 3.26.1 (but human_trace.pm and mouse_trace.pm
> are missing/not distributed, this was downloaded a couple
> days after 3.26.1 was released)
>
> Looking forward to the new package

It's up now, in:

    http://www.biojava.org/download/ensembl-das/

Grab:

    ensembl-das-webapp-20020214.tar.gz

You should be able to use exactly the same configuration
as with any other recent version.  The only changes are:

   - For the ensembl bridge, schemaVersion settings of less
     that 80 are now treated as `official' versions.  The only
     one current recognized is version 3.  For connecting to
     older databases, old style versions in the range 80-130
     are still supported.

   - You can create datasource aliases, as in the example Tony
     posted earlier.

> (or I will try upgrading Tomcat as last resource)

I really would try getting rid of Tomcat 3.3.  We've had a /lot/
of reported problems with that container, which always seem to
go away when users either upgrade or downgrade.  I really don't
know what's causing this (maybee some very subtle ClassLoader
bug?), but I know it's bad news...

Good luck!

    Thomas.