[DAS] Dazzle with Ensembl 3.26.1

Stefano Tine s.tine@oxagen.co.uk
Mon, 11 Feb 2002 18:36:27 -0000

Hi, thanks for your reply.

Well, we have Dazzle 0.94 + Tomcat 3.3
and all works ok with 1.2.0 but when I change
dazzlecfg.xml to point to 3.26 rather than 1.2
then Ensembl 3.26 takes a long time to load our
DAS services.

In the error_log for Ensembl 3.26.1 I see:

UNDEF ON ENSEMBL_DAS_PROXY [Homo_sapiens]
Added internal DAS source: test1 (Proxy:)
UNDEF ON ENSEMBL_DAS_PROXY [Homo_sapiens]
UNDEF ON ENSEMBL_DAS_PROXY [Homo_sapiens]
Added internal DAS source: test2 (Proxy: )
UNDEF ON ENSEMBL_DAS_PROXY [Homo_sapiens]
then errors that can't find human_trace.pm and mouse_trace.pm (twice)
URL/DSN:  ... /8080/das/test1
(long wait)
URL/DSN:  ... /8080/das/test2
(long wait)
LONG PROCESS  PID:      11512      DT: Mon Feb 11 17:58:22 2002      Time:
61

This same page loads in a few secs with Ensembl 1.2.0 (and
dazzlecfg.xml pointing to 1.20).

So maybe Dazzle is ok but ExternalDAS.pm is doing
something weird (like looking for a Proxy and hanging
there)? Not a question for the DAS list, I guess, but on the
Ensembl list I asked this time ago and got no reply ;-)

What am I doing wrong? Thanks a lot in advance

Stefano