[DAS] LDAS/DasClient problems

Dmitriy V. Ryaboy dvryaboy@yahoo.com
Wed, 6 Feb 2002 15:52:10 -0800 (PST)

Hi Lincoln and Thomas,
Thank you very much for the prompt responses and
fixes!
I will act on your reccomendations today.  Looking
forward to the next version of LDAS.  I suspect there
is still something wrong with my installation of the
server..

Meanwhile, I set up a small Dazzle server to test how
that server works.  I understand that it's quite
limited at the moment as far as annotations go (only
GFF flat files, and no linking capability, correct?).
I am wondering if there are any capabilities other
than showing the annotated regions at all -- how do
you designate the ID, etc? I am also curious about
Dazzle's performance when the annotation file is very
large -- seems like since it's reading from a single
file, the memory demands would be fairly large.  I
will experiment with that later this week or early
next week.
The server is at http://zilla.lbl.gov:8080/das -- the
small annotated portion is in chr7, around the
72000000 mark.

-Dmitriy