[DAS] Stylesheets and contigview

Simon Twigger simont@mcw.edu
Mon, 30 Dec 2002 10:26:37 -0600

Thanks for filling me in, I just wanted to know if it was me doing
something wrong or if Ensembl didnt use the stylesheets anyway.

It would be nice to be able to control the appearance a little bit, Im
playing around with putting some non-standard annotations on there and
its a little misleading to have it all look like a generic sequence
feature. However, its not such a problem that I would want you to
rearrange your to-do list.

Cheers,

	Simon

On Saturday, Dec 28, 2002, at 12:41 America/Chicago, Tony Cox wrote:

> Hi Simon,
>
> Ewan is right, Ensembl does not currently use (or even request) a
> stylesheet
> from a remote DAS server. The resons are twofold. first it saves a bit
> of
> time (although it would not be hard to cache it) and second it gives a
> little more control over the consistency of the contigview tracks. If
> there
> were enough shouts for stylesheet support we could bump it up the list
> though.
>
> regards
>
> Tony
>
>> On Fri, 27 Dec 2002, Simon Twigger wrote:
>>
>>> Hi there,
>>>
>>> Taking my first personal foray into DAS, have the LDAS server working
>>> very nicely (Mac OS X 10.2) and I've been playing around with some
>>> rat
>>> annotations viewed on the Ensembl contigview. I tried setting a style
>>> sheet as described in the LDAS installation manual (which was great,
>>> very easy to follow) and it doesnt seem to be having any effect on
>>> how
>>> things appear on the contigview display.
>>
>> Simon - Great that you have got this working. This is wonderful news.
>> suspect that Ensembl does not honour all the stylesheet hints (I
>> think DAS
>> clients are allowed to do this). Tony Cox (cc'd in here) is the
>> person who
>> really knows what is happening.
>>

>>> Sample .das annotations:
>>>
>>> [annotations]
>>> SSLP D2Rat239 microsatellite epcr 1 16662 16847 . . .
>>> SSLP D2Rat381 microsatellite epcr 1 72253 72498 . . .
>>> SSLP D1Rat245 microsatellite epcr 1 1571523 1571694 . . .
>>>
>>> Style sheet:
>>>
>>> [microsatellite]
>>> glyph = primers
>>> bgcolor = black