[DAS] DAS/2 Grant Application?

Kulp, David david_kulp@affymetrix.com
Wed, 14 Aug 2002 13:24:18 -0700

Hi, DAS folks.  I'm interested to see some dedicated effort to integrate and
propose the next version of DAS/2.  There are already a number of
interesting RFCs and I think there are many folks who wish to see
improvements of one kind or another regarding efficient and expressive
representation of features.  I was considering submitting an Oct 1 NIH grant
proposal under PA-02-141 "CONTINUED DEVELOPMENT AND MAINTENANCE OF
BIOINFORMATICS AND COMPUTATIONAL BIOLOGY SOFTWARE" at
http://grants2.nih.gov/grants/bistic/bistic_funding.cfm.
Are there already efforts to obtain funding in this regard?  Lincoln, Sean,
or Robin, is there anything in the works?
Are there other interested collaborators?
Thanks for your input.
Regards,
David Kulp