[DAS] Question about das development.

Bill Gooding bgood97@yahoo.com
Mon, 12 Aug 2002 12:12:58 -0700 (PDT)

--0-2022776084-1029179578=:42266

Hi,

Although I am new to the mailing list, I have been looking at bioinformatics information for a while and had a simple question.  From what I have seen it appears that in order to access the XML information from various servers people use a downloaded java program which implements a GUI (Swing/AWT) for displaying information.  I was wondering if anyone had considered using an XML based server that tranforms the data into SVG for display on a browser.  That is, something similar to Cocoon.  That way, differing XML format could be handled in a more comprehensive way.  I have begun writing code to implement this idea (although it is not Cocoon based - I use jave xml api's) and am perfectly willing to donate it to biodas.org as open source as a start to developing such a system.

So with that background my question is:

1.  If a system such as I have proposed has been developed, where is it ?  I just need a specific link.

2.  If such a system does not exist, is anyone interested in the idea or want to discuss it ?

Thanks,

Bill Gooding

--0-2022776084-1029179578=:42266

<P>Hi,</P>
<P>Although I am new to the mailing list, I have been looking at bioinformatics information for a while and had a simple question.&nbsp; From what I have seen it appears that in order to access the XML information from various servers people use a downloaded java program which implements a&nbsp;GUI (Swing/AWT)&nbsp;for displaying information.&nbsp; I was wondering if anyone had considered using an XML based server that tranforms the data into SVG for display on a browser.&nbsp; That is, something similar to Cocoon.&nbsp; That way, differing XML format could be handled in a more comprehensive way.&nbsp; I have&nbsp;begun writing&nbsp;code to implement this idea (although it is not Cocoon based - I use jave xml api's) and am perfectly willing to donate it to biodas.org as open source as a start to developing such a system.</P>
<P>So with that background my question is:</P>
<P>1.&nbsp; If a system such as I have proposed has been developed, where is it ?&nbsp; I just need a specific link.&nbsp; </P>
<P>2.&nbsp; If such a system does not exist,&nbsp;is anyone interested in the idea or want to discuss it ?</P>
<P>&nbsp;</P>
<P>Thanks,</P>
<P>&nbsp;</P>
--0-2022776084-1029179578=:42266--