[DAS] LDAS link question

James Freeman James_Freeman@biogen.com
Mon, 5 Aug 2002 09:55:25 -0400

Hi Tom,

Assuming you have set up the LDAS server:

http://www.biodas.org/servers/LDAS.html

 with the correct information (from above):

{
The [LINKS] section

 [LINKS]
 default    =
http://stein.cshl.org/cgi-bin/test-cgi.pl?name=$name;class=$class;type=$type
 exon       =
http://stein.cshl.org/cgi-bin/test-cgi.pl/exon?name=$name;class=$class
 transcript =
http://stein.cshl.org/cgi-bin/test-cgi.pl/transcript?name=$name;class=$class
 insertion  =
http://stein.cshl.org/cgi-bin/test-cgi.pl/insertion?name=$name;class=$class
The DAS protocol allows the LDAS server to generate a web link for each
feature and group of features. The [LINKS] section tells the LDAS server
how to create these links.

Each option name is a defined annotation type, and can use the short
format (``exon'') or the extended one (``exon:curated''). The value is a
URL. When the LDAS server is running, it will scan the URL for the
keywords $name, $class and $type, and replace them with the name of the
annotation, its class, and its type.

The default option provides a generic link to use when no more specific
type is defined.

If you do not want a link to be generated at all, use ``none'' for the
URL. The following example generates links for all features except those
whose types are ``alu'' or ``LINE'':

 default    =
http://stein.cshl.org/cgi-bin/test-cgi.pl?name=$name;class=$class;type=$type
 alu        = none
 LINE       = none
The stein.cshl.org URL given in the examples is a test CGI script that
merely echoes back its arguments. It is useful for debugging, but you will
want to replace it with a URL that provides more specific information
about the selected feature.
}

If you did it correctly you should see the link tag get populated from the
raw XML from a features call.  Since you have something in contigview
anyway, it should show up in the popup, and if you are pointing to
Lincoln's server you should get back the arguments as shown above.

Please, let me know if that doesn't work.

Regards,

Jim
--
James Freeman