[DAS] RE: OmniGene-0.5 is released on sourceforge!!
Wed, 19 Dec 2001 13:37:43 -0500
way way cool!
I hope to get similar functionality in perl on the DAS Viewers.....sometime
From: Brian Gilman
To: email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org;
email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com;
Sent: 12/18/01 6:35 PM
Subject: OmniGene-0.5 is released on sourceforge!!
It is with great joy (holiday that is) that I am announcing our
0.5 release of omnigene and associated API's. This release includes:
1) Ability to browse all of Jim kent's and Ensembl das data
2) Ability to handle all DAS 1.0 and 2.0* server data
2) Ability to export views as JPEG/SVG
3) Threaded fetching of data from viewer
4) Options to turn on and off tracks
5) Simple server side mechanism to "dasify" data from databases
which support stored procedures
6) Middleware capable of handling different XML schema's
specifically: XFF and AGAVE
7) API which transparently handle XML->Object creation and DAS
protocol versioning issues
8) Simple hooks to write your own custom DAS tracks
9) Unit Tests and Example code for each API
10) Installation docs and javadoc for API's
*2.0 has not been defined by the biodas group however, we have
"SOAPified" this protcol in the hope that this will help people
the web services technology and open up discussions for future direction
of the DAS protocol and specification.
To get your hands on this release, point your web browser to:
We have provided a java based installer for our das viewer,
OmniView. All other API and source downloads can be found under the
links provided on the page described above.
Comments, problems, suggestions, please e-mail us at:
Brian Gilman <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Sr. Software Engineer MIT/Whitehead Inst. Center for Genome Research
One Kendall Square, Bldg. 300 / Cambridge, MA 02139-1561 USA
phone +1 617 252 1069 / fax +1 617 252 1902