[DAS] Human DAS Servers

Cheung, Foo FCheung@tigr.org
Sat, 15 Dec 2001 03:11:52 -0500

Hi all

I am about to start working on populating A Human DAS viewer with all the
Human DAS servers. But I need to ask a few silly questions so excuse my
stupidity.

For the datasource for Acembly genes and the Human reference server I can
query by chromosomal coordinates ie:

http://servlet.sanger.ac.uk:8080/das/acembly120/features?ref=chr5;start=1;st
op=1000000

http://servlet.sanger.ac.uk:8080/das/ensembl120/features?ref=chr1;start=1;st
op=1000000

which other Human DAS Servers can I query by chromosomal coordinates?

which Human DAS Servers requires other coordinates for querying? and what
are those? contigs? karyotypes?

I suspect some of them require querying by contigs and karyotype and I will
have to do a coordinate translation system on the fly to convert chromo
coordinates.
Is there any code kicking around that does this?
Is Bio::DB::GFF the way to go on this?

Any advice would be grateful!

Thanks

Foo