[BioSQL-l] State of BioSql?

Peter Cock p.j.a.cock at googlemail.com
Tue Sep 18 19:37:07 UTC 2012

On Tue, Sep 18, 2012 at 7:45 PM, Fields, Christopher J
<cjfields at illinois.edu> wrote:
> Peter,
>
> We should probably send issues to the  BioSQL bug tracker on
> redmine.open-bio.org.  It's possible the BioSQL-specific updates
> needed are mainly to allow other DBI that are now supported, but
> I suppose we need to have more specifics as to what exactly
> needs to be done.  Any BioPerl-specific stuff could be filed
> separately for BioPerl-DB.

For the PostgreSQL rules issue wrt BioSQL, see:
https://redmine.open-bio.org/issues/2839

I don't know if there is an open BioPerl-DB bug for this
(there probably should be).

> (I'm all for a new BioSQL release, by the way…)
>
> chris

For completing the SQLite support these isn't an issue, but I
did log it on the wiki page: http://biosql.org/wiki/Releases
This would cover the handful of Perl scripts which are
part of BioSQL (and not part of BioPerl-DB) like the
taxonomy loader.

Separately a BioPerl-DB enhancement issue for supporting
BioSQL on SQLite would be appropriate. Likewise for
BioRuby and BioJava.

Regards,

Peter