[BioSQL-l] Problem listing all species(final nodes) of Fungi -Web example

Peter Cock p.j.a.cock at googlemail.com
Sun Oct 7 12:01:39 UTC 2012

On Fri, Oct 5, 2012 at 2:16 PM, alejandro <aebmad at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hey hey,
>
> I have a problem trying to run the example provided in the web to list all
> species of Fungi in the NCBI taxon table. The query it doesn't finish, not
> even when instead of asking for all the children of 'Fungi' I ask for the
> taxon offspring of 'allomyces macrogynus' which only have one descendent.
> Do you have any idea what I'm doing wrong? I loaded the taxonomy from NCBI
> with the script provided in the web.
>
> Best regards
>
> --
> Alejandro Barrera

Did you have trouble sending your email? It came three times:
http://lists.open-bio.org/pipermail/biosql-l/2012-October/001829.html
http://lists.open-bio.org/pipermail/biosql-l/2012-October/001830.html
http://lists.open-bio.org/pipermail/biosql-l/2012-October/001831.html

I assume you are trying an example on the BioSQL wiki:
http://biosql.org/wiki/Schema_Overview

Could you clarify a bit about what you are doing? e.g. Which
database backend (MySQL?), which version of the BioSQL
scheme (e.g. v1.0.2), how are you running the SQL queries, ...

Peter