[BioSQL-l] BioSQL- connectivity

Roy Chaudhuri roy.chaudhuri at gmail.com
Mon Jul 6 11:39:33 UTC 2009

Hi Sanjay,

Please keep replies on the mailing list (reply to all), that way others
can also respond.

I don't think there is a tutorial for BioSQL using BioPerl. There are
some links to useful documentation on the BioSQL wiki:
http://biosql.org/wiki/Main_Page

The BioSQL INSTALL file provides instructions for getting your database
set up and loading sequences into it:
http://code.open-bio.org/svnweb/index.cgi/biosql/view/biosql-schema/trunk/INSTALL

There are some examples of retrieving a sequence from a BioSQL database
using BioPerl in Hilmar's Persistent BioPerl presentation:
http://precedings.nature.com/documents/1233/version/1

Try loading your BioSQL database with some sequences, then retrieving
them using code based on the examples in the presentation. If you run
into problems e-mail the mailing list with a full description of what
you were trying to do (including the code you were using, and any error
messages that were reported), and I'm sure someone will be able to help.

Roy.