[BioSQL-l] What should source_term_id in table seqfeature refer to?

Richard Holland holland at eaglegenomics.com
Tue Aug 11 08:59:27 UTC 2009

The reason BJX does that is because the Genbank format has no
indication of where a feature came from. So, all there is to go on is
that it came from Genbank! This allows us to differentiate between
features on a sequence that were loaded from an original file, and new
features that have been added to the sequence in the db after it was
loaded (e.g. by running blast, blat etc. against some local data).