[BioSQL-l] bioperl-db, CORBA, and Oracle

Chris Fields cjfields at illinois.edu
Thu Apr 16 20:19:16 UTC 2009

Allen Day indicated (in an RT bug report) that bioperl-db has
references to several modules not in CPAN, all CORBA-related (via
bioperl-corba-server).  Should we remove those, or is anyone still
using them?  The modules aren't available via CPAN.

scripts/corba/bioenv_server.pl (references Bio::CorbaServer::BioEnv)
scripts/corba/caching_corba_server.pl (references
Bio::CorbaServer::BioEnv and Bio::CorbaClient::SeqDB)

Related to this is an additional module in CPAN but apparently
required separately:
CORBA::ORBit (referenced in scripts/corba/bioenv_server.pl, scripts/
corba/test_bioenv.pl, and scripts/corba/caching_corba_server.pl)

Also, there appears to be a requirement for DBD::Oracle in
Bio::DB::BioSQL::Oracle::BasePersistenceAdaptorDriver that's popping
up.  I can add that to the 'recommends' but it doesn't really fit in
with this category (i.e. if I use MySQL I shouldn't need to worry
about it).

* DBD::Oracle (referenced in
Bio::DB::BioSQL::Oracle::BiosequenceAdaptorDriver and
Bio::DB::BioSQL::Oracle::BasePersistenceAdaptorDriver

Here's the RT ticket:

chris