[BioSQL-l] case sensitivity in biosql accessions under BioJavax/Hibernate

James Procter jimp at compbio.dundee.ac.uk
Wed Dec 3 14:56:16 UTC 2008

Hi.

I was wondering - are bioentry accessions intended to be case
insensitive under the archetypal BioSQL schema ?

If so - are the various Bio* language bindings are supposed to honour
the case insensitivity ?

The reason that I am asking is that I have just encountered this issue
in relation to biosql backed sequence database queries made via
biojava-x's hibernate bindings with a biosql 1.01 install on postgress.

If Bioentry accessions are, in fact, case insensitive, then I can
petition for an update to the biojava-x bindings to honour this. If not,
then I'll just continue with my own non-standard hack ;)

thanks in advance.
Jim

ps. on a side issue - have the various Bio* language bindings actually
been specified formally ?  If so - where might I find them ?