[BioSQL-l] Re: MORE Oracle BioSQL & BioJava problems

Hilmar Lapp hlapp at gnf.org
Mon Aug 9 15:28:57 EDT 2004

Which rel. is the target Oracle DB?

What is the length of the sequence string causing trouble? If it is
indeed longer than 4000 chars, does the problem disappear when you make
the sequence shorter than 4000 chars? Which JDBC API call is used to
set the sequence string in the biojava language binding? If it is
indeed setString(), what happens if you change that to the streaming
API?

	-hilmar

On Aug 9, 2004, at 10:08 AM, Michael Griffith wrote:

> [...]
>>>         }
>>>     }
>>>
>>> This code works perfectly well with the mySQL version of the bio-sql
>>> schema,
>>> however with the oracle version, I get the following SQLException
>>> stack.
>>>
>>> The loop loads about 65 of the first 70 records, and hangs on record
>>> #71,
>>> every time.  What is puzzling, is I have never had any sort of these
>>> kinds
>>> of errors with any other Java/Oracle application.
>>>
>>>  [java] org.biojava.bio.BioRuntimeException: Error adding sequence:
>>> NM_019764
>>>      [java]     at
>>> org.biojava.bio.seq.db.biosql.BioSQLSequenceDB._addSequence(BioSQLSeq
>>> ue
>>> nceDB
>>> .java:498)
>>>      [java] Trying to add: NM_021274 to the database -- insert attemp
>>> #:71
>>>      [java]     at
>>> org.biojava.bio.seq.db.biosql.BioSQLSequenceDB.addSequence(BioSQLSequ
>>> en
>>> ceDB.
>>> java:365)
>>>      [java]     at
>>> com.gts.genebank.GeneralReader.main(GeneralReader.java:74)
>>>      [java] Caused by: java.sql.SQLException: No more data to read
>>> from
>>> socket
>>>      [java]     at
>>> oracle.jdbc.dbaccess.DBError.throwSqlException(DBError.java:134)
>>>      [java]     at
>>> oracle.jdbc.dbaccess.DBError.throwSqlException(DBError.java:179)
>>>      [java]     at
>>> oracle.jdbc.dbaccess.DBError.check_error(DBError.java:1160)
>>>      [java]     at
>>> oracle.jdbc.ttc7.MAREngine.unmarshalUB1(MAREngine.java:963)
>>>      [java]     at
>>> oracle.jdbc.ttc7.MAREngine.unmarshalSB1(MAREngine.java:893)
>>>      [java]     at oracle.jdbc.ttc7.Oall7.receive(Oall7.java:369)
>>>      [java]     at
>>> oracle.jdbc.ttc7.TTC7Protocol.doOall7(TTC7Protocol.java:1891)
>>>      [java]     at
>>> oracle.jdbc.ttc7.TTC7Protocol.parseExecuteFetch(TTC7Protocol.java:
>>> 1093)
>>>      [java]     at
>>> oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleStatement.executeNonQuery(OracleStatement.ja
>>> va
>>> :2047
>>> )
>>>      [java]     at
>>> oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleStatement.doExecuteOther(OracleStatement.jav
>>> a:
>>> 1940)
>>>      [java]     at
>>> oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleStatement.doExecuteWithTimeout(OracleStateme
>>> nt
>>> .java
>>> :2709)
>>>      [java]     at
>>> oracle.jdbc.driver.OraclePreparedStatement.executeUpdate(OraclePrepar
>>> ed
>>> State
>>> ment.java:589)
>>>      [java]     at
>>> org.apache.commons.dbcp.DelegatingPreparedStatement.executeUpdate(Del
>>> eg
>>> ating

Hilmar Lapp                            email: lapp at gnf.org