[BioSQL-l] Link between a gene and a protein?

Hilmar Lapp hlapp at gnf.org
Mon Oct 20 15:47:44 EDT 2003

The bioentry_relationship table is entirely up to you how you populate that
at this point ...

I'd consider it sort of research to figure out the best or just one
reasonable way. The system that we've been building here at GNF does that a
lot. We're on the way to releasing the implementation to the public, which
for that table is all Oracle sql-scripts taking advantage of knowledge
materialized as meta-information (i.e., a custom ontology).

Basically, we're taking two approaches: harvest relationships off of dbxrefs
that can be linked back to bioentries, and harvesting relationships off of
genomic co-location. The former is working relatively well. Let me know if
you think the former is what you want and I'll ask for release clearance.

You could obviously also invent your system that works off of 'special'
features.

Sorry for not being able to be more helpful at this point.

    -hilmar

Hilmar Lapp                            email: lapp at gnf.org