[BioSQL-l] help with load_seqdatabase.pl

Hilmar Lapp hlapp at gnf.org
Thu Jul 31 11:54:37 EDT 2003

On Thursday, July 31, 2003, at 02:27  AM, Ulat, Victor (IRRI) wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am trying to load a genbank formatted sequence to biosql(win2k, perl
> 5.6,
> mysql 4.x, bioperl 1.2.2 and the recent bioperl-db)using
> load_seqdatabase.pl, I am using the following arguments:
>
> "C:\BioSQL>perl load_seqdatabase.pl -host localhost -dbname testdb
> -driver
> mysql -namespace genbank -format genbank NC_000913.gbk"
>
> This message appears: "Loading NC_000913.gbk ..." followed by "Can't
> call
> method "rollback" on an undefined value at load_seqdatabase.pl line
> 451,
> <GEN0> line 163306"

The only sensible reason for this as far as I can tell from the code
can be that runtime-loading the persistence adaptor for sequences
failed. I've just committed a fix that should deal better with this
situation, a patch is enclosed if you don't want to update from cvs.

First, to make sure the obvious,

	- you have either installed bioperl-db using the same perl that you
use to run the script, or you have included the path to bioperl-db in
PERL5LIB
	- ditto for bioperl (it seems you did do that)

If you convinced yourself that that's the case, run the script again
with --debug added as an option (i.e., before the input filename) and
email the output (you need to redirect that to a file). You may do so
even without applying the patch, as the patch doesn't address what's
going wrong in the first place, it just makes it die more verbosely.

	-hilmar

Hilmar Lapp                            email: lapp at gnf.org