[BioSQL-l] Oracle support...

Len Trigg len at reeltwo.com
Thu Jul 31 12:34:47 EDT 2003

Hilmar Lapp wrote:
> and whatever else we're going to develop for our Symgene platform.

I've seen Symgene mentioned a few times but google only turns up sort
of aside comments like this -- is there a comprehensive description of
it somewhere? Is it a system that is going to be publicly available,
or a commercial product, or only in-house at gnf? Where does BioSQL
fit in to this?

> Sure, that's why it's very modular. The present one can be as low in
> complexity as you can go already, it's maybe just not very well
> documented how to do that. You can customize the build script to

Maybe that should be the default configuration for the version that is
in BioSQL CVS? i.e. have the different RDBMS schemas as close as
possible. It's hard to see sometimes where the bounds of "BioSQL" lie
-- I had been looking at it as primarily the standard database schema
that the Bio* projects all access, but it looks like it is also
coupled closely with the symgene project.

BTW - thanks for your replies, they have been very enlightening to me
as an Oracle and BioSQL novice.

Cheers,
Len.