[BioSQL-l] DBXRef

Matthew Pocock matthew_pocock@yahoo.co.uk
Wed, 18 Sep 2002 23:50:23 +0100

Hi Hilmar,

If DBXref is replaced with joins between entries, then we loose the
ability to link from a biosql-serialized sequence to a remote sequence
(e.g. from a biosql image of an embl entry to a web-service image of a
swiss-prot entry). Or, imagine you have imported the muman division of
embl into biosql, how would you represent links to the non-human
entries? Perhaps both mechanisms could be used, butg then we are
providing multiple ways to represent the same information. Mmm. Don't know.

Matthew