[BioRuby] question about my first biogem install

Naohisa GOTO ngoto at gen-info.osaka-u.ac.jp
Mon Jul 29 12:12:45 UTC 2019

Hi,

It seems that the "bio-gem" package (which provides "biogem" command)
and its documentation (http://www.biogems.info/doc/Tutorial_rdoc.html)
is outdated.

For creating own gem package from now, I think using Bundler's
"bundle gem" command is recommended.

The following documentation provided by Bundler and Rubygems
official sites may be helpful.
https://bundler.io/v2.0/guides/creating_gem.html
https://guides.rubygems.org/make-your-own-gem/

Some unofficial howtos may also be useful.
https://dev.to/k_penguin_sato/how-to-create-your-own-gem-4ei1

Unlike "biogem" command, "bundle gem" command does not create
Git repository. If you want to create git repository and push
it to GitHub, please see GitHub documentation.
https://guides.github.com/activities/hello-world/

Gem packages whose package names contain "bio" or biological terms,
whose package descriptions suggest biology, and/or whose dependency
contain bio (BioRuby) or biological packages will be listed on
http://biogems.info/ .

Thanks,

Naohisa Goto
ngoto at gen-info.osaka-u.ac.jp