[BioRuby] question about my first biogem install

Sishuo Wang sishuo.wang at aol.com
Sun Jul 28 08:49:22 UTC 2019

Hi all,
I was trying to create my first bioruby plugin following the instructions at http://www.biogems.info/doc/Tutorial_rdoc.html.
I started with the command "biogem foo", and edited the description and summary of the file Rakefile. However, when I tried "bundle exec rake git:release", I got the following message:The git source https://github.com/technicalpickles/jeweler.git is not yet checked out. Please run `bundle install` before trying to start your application

I then tried with "bundle install", but was only told:Your Gemfile lists the gem rdoc (~> 3.12) more than once.You should probably keep only one of them.Remove any duplicate entries and specify the gem only once (per group).While it's not a problem now, it could cause errors if you change the version of one of them later.Fetching https://github.com/technicalpickles/jeweler.gitFetching gem metadata from https://rubygems.org/........Fetching gem metadata from https://rubygems.org/.Could not find gem 'jeweler (~> 1.8.4)' in https://github.com/technicalpickles/jeweler.git (at master at 2ab8630).The source contains 'jeweler' at: 2.3.9
Would anyone please mind helping me with it?
Thanks in advance.
Best,Sishuo