[BioRuby] GSoC weekly status report No.1.2

Marjan Povolni marian.povolny at gmail.com
Mon May 21 09:36:01 UTC 2012

http://blog.mpthecoder.com/post/23473020471/gsoc-weekly-status-report-no-1-2

It’s been three months since my first introduction on the BioRuby ML and
it’s been great. As it is the end of the GSoC community bonding period, I
would like to thank Pjotr most and then all the other community members for
their help and support. It’s a great feeling to become a member of a small
but growing community of enthusiasts that work together for the better of
all of us and for fun.

As Pjotr already did, I would like to encourage you to write blog posts
about using Ruby in Bioinformatics and let us include them in our RSS and
news feeds on the biogems.info website. The site supports both RSS and Atom
feeds now, and a similar functionality will be part of the new website for
BioRuby once it’s finished. The code also supports adding only posts for
one category/tag, so you can tag your posts with BioRuby or similar, and
only those posts will be included in the RSS feed on biogems.info.

The GSoC coding period starts today, It’s time for me to roll my sleeves
up, and start working on the GFF3 parser full-time.

--
Marjan