[BioRuby] restyle of bioruby.org

Francesco Strozzi francesco.strozzi at gmail.com
Sat Mar 17 20:03:35 UTC 2012

Hi Andrea and welcome!
The deadline for student proposals is April 6th. You can find below the
details of the GSoC and how to apply for OBF projects.

We are here to help you develop your work proposal on GSoC, so feel free to
write on the ML and/or directly to the mentors to receive advise and
feedbacks. As BioRuby we have an IRC channel #bioruby on irc.freenode.net.
You can reach us there, we also have a weekly IRC meeting on Thursday
afternoon at 16.00 CET but you can find us there almost every working day.

Cheers
Francesco

----------

GSoC is a Google-sponsored student internship program for open-source
projects, open to students from around the world (not just US
residents).   Students are paid a $5000 USD stipend to work as a
developer on an open-source project for the summer. For more on GSoC,
see GSoC 2012 FAQ at http://goo.gl/kNv48

Student applications are due April 6, 2012 at 19:00 UTC.  Students who
are interested in participating should look at the OBF's GSoC page at
http://open-bio.org/wiki/**Google_Summer_of_Code<http://open-bio.org/wiki/Google_Summer_of_Code>,
which lists project
ideas, and whom to contact about applying.

On Sat, Mar 17, 2012 at 20:29, Andrea Nodari <andrea.nodari91 at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi all,
> I'm Andrea Nodari and I'm a student of CS @ University of Trento , Italy,
> I'm working as web developer and I am stronlgy interested in the
> project of GSoC about restyling bioruby.org.
> I hope to learn and contribute as much as possible to this comunity :)
>
> --
> Andrea

Francesco