[BioRuby] Google Summer of Code project ideas

Mic mictadlo at gmail.com
Wed Mar 7 06:58:00 UTC 2012

HI Raoul,
Analogous to Samfile, a Tabixfile allows fast random access to compressed
and tabix indexed tab-separated file formats with genomic data:

*import pysam*
*tabixfile = pysam.Tabixfile( "example.gtf.gz" )*
*
*
*for gtf in tabixfile.fetch('chr1', 1000, 2000):*
*    print gtf.contig, gtf.start, gtf.end, gtf.gene_id*
*
*
*
*
I am not suitable for a mentor, because I have not used Ruby for years. I
just observe BioRuby and try give some ideas.

Cheers,