[BioRuby] Restyling BioRuby.org

Francesco Strozzi francesco.strozzi at gmail.com
Mon Feb 20 11:22:23 UTC 2012

Hi all,
coming back to the website restyle. If I could suggest a new look, I really
like the layout of http://jruby.org . You have 3-4 main sections just at
the first page, very clear and very visible. There we could place sections
like "Why Ruby?" (as in JRuby) to show the pros and avantages of Ruby (or
why we love it and use it in Bioinformatics). A second section like "Use
it", with clear and coincise info on how to start using BioRuby and a
reference to the most updated/most recent official documentation (e.g.
point to github / wiki etc.). A last third section "Contribute" that
describe the BioRuby code organization, the repository and the
BioGems/plugins system.

Just under these 3 main sections you can have one or two areas with "Recent
news", Tweets that mention BioRuby and/or OpenBio projects in general, plus
maybe a feed or even a calendar with conferences, events, hackathons where
BioRuby and OpenBio people meets and presents stuff. This to show the
community activity, plus also some links to point to the ML and IRC.

That's my view so far, I think there is room for discussion.

Cheers

--

Francesco