[BioRuby] Rake

Matt diapriid at gmail.com
Tue Jan 18 15:21:36 UTC 2011

Yannick-

I like it.  It might be nice to extend your pipeline in a generic
manner (SimpleAnalysisPipeline). Just a couple of steps that would be
extensible/swappable to different software.  The generic pipeline
would "just work" given a minimal local configuration (I like your
starting point).

Swappable/configurable steps might be

Pre-process (trim / quality filters?)
Alignment   (align)
Post alignment (gblocks)
Translation   (to Nexus)
Analysis      (Phyml)

The idea is that we could swap in components (TNT or RaXML for Phyml,
Muscle for MAFFT etc.)- but also that the pipeline remains "simple".

If I find some time I'd like to work on my first attempt at a BioRuby
Plugin, a wrapper for TNT (hopefully tied in to the analysis bit
above).

cheers,
Matt