[BioRuby] Rake

Michael Barton mail at michaelbarton.me.uk
Tue Jan 18 15:17:08 UTC 2011

Hi Yannick,

I think it's a great idea to generate predefined pipelines for common
bioinformatics tasks. I experimented with a tool called Boson six months ago.
It could be worth looking if you feel like investing more time into your
pipeline.

Boson commands, similar to rake tasks, are more modular and can be installed
from the web into a ~/.boson directory. This has obvious advantages over
a single rake file. Boson tasks can be chained together where the data is
passed around in YAML format.

The github link is - https://github.com/cldwalker/boson

Cheers

Michael Barton