[BioRuby] BioRuby GSoC 2011 ideas?

Anurag Priyam anurag08priyam at gmail.com
Wed Feb 23 12:55:21 UTC 2011

> for OBF GSoC,
> - develop NGS-related plugins
> - develop a generic framework for workflow management and parallel execution of tasks
> - develop plugins for Semantic Web (RDF utilities, SPARQL query interface, handling ontologies etc.)

Rutger had earlier informed me that he has decided to refactor my last
years's GSoC work into two separate plugins - bio-nexml, and bio-rdf.
While Rutger has already started to work on bio-nexml, bio-rdf still
needs to take shape (which would also be a dependency for bio-nexml).
Since it is very likely that the "Semantic Web Plugins" idea would
relate closely to bio-rdf, I can help there. I intend to participate
again in GSoC this year as a student, so I could either undertake it
as a project, or, (co-)mentor *non-officially*.

--
Anurag Priyam
http://about.me/yeban/