[BioRuby] SciRuby (The first BioRuby IRC conference on Dec 19th)

John Woods john.woods at marcottelab.org
Tue Dec 21 16:46:08 UTC 2010

Apotomo looks like it could be very useful. I think widgets are definitely
the way to go.

One thing I want to make clear is that although many of us are biologists,
SciRuby should be a standalone project. This is not simply intended as a
bioinformatics tool. It should be something general purpose, that any
scientist/statistician would feel comfortable using. With that said, I think
it's appropriate to write plugins that bridge BioRuby and SciRuby.

Can you be more specific with your question? I'm planning on taking a look
at what we already have later today and updating the spec. (Unfortunately,
our lab website is being upgraded, so I can't link you to the current spec
right now.)

Incidentally, I just set up a Google Group for SciRuby development. It's
public.
http://groups.google.com/group/sciruby-dev

Best,
John