[BioRuby] BioRuby on github + lighthouse

Adam Kraut adamnkraut at gmail.com
Thu Apr 17 16:50:24 UTC 2008

git+=1

I have switched over several of our internal comp bio/chem projects to Git
and so far it is working out wonderfully.  I don't think I understand
everything Git is capable of yet but I am already seeing some huge benefits
in how I approach development.  Having broken my teeth for so long on CVS I
would welcome the change for something like BioRuby.  BioPerl is *just* now
moving to subversion, I vote for BioRuby to leapfrog them and test the
waters with Git.  I've never contributed back to BioRuby and I feel that Git
could indeed lower that barrier for myself and others.  Github itself is a
Ruby (Rails?/Merb?) application and it seems like the greater Ruby community
is switching rapidly.  Is there anything stopping someone from putting
BioRuby up on Github right now just to play around with?

Regards,

Adam