[BioRuby] BioRuby on github + lighthouse

Michael Barton mail at michaelbarton.me.uk
Thu Apr 17 15:21:18 UTC 2008

Hi,

I wondered if the BioRuby developers had considered moving from SVN
hosting to git hosting, specifically on github. I think using git and
github could lower the barrier to people contributing code. Github
offers free hosting for open source projects. Similarly Lighthouse
offers free issue tracking to open source projects and integrates well
with github.

https://github.com
http://www.lighthouseapp.com

I've written a bit more about why this could be useful on my blog
http://tinyurl.com/4yxm7u

Thanks

Mike