[Biopython] pip install biopython in ubuntu at windows

Fernanda Trancoso fftrancoso96 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 12 13:25:11 UTC 2018

Just so everyone knows, even though those are different environments, the
ubuntu app does let you work trough windows files and programs as i was
trying to do initially. isn't the smartest way to do it, but is possible.

in the ubuntu app you start in home, after rootfs. to cp from ubuntu files
you just need to start the path with ./.local/, and to cp from windows
files you start the path with ./mnt/c/

so from home:
./.local/lib/python3.6/site-packages
./mnt/c/Users/fernanda/AppData/Local/Programs/Python/Python37

instead of
/C/Users/fernanda/AppData/Local/Packages/CanonicalGroupLimited.UbuntuonWindows_79rhkp1fndgsc/LocalState/rootfs/home/trancoso/.local/lib/python3.6/site-packages

idk if it was something already obvious, but i wasnt able to find much
about using this ubuntu app in windows