[Biopython] [Biopython-dev] Retiring our old RedMine bug tracker

Peter Cock p.j.a.cock at googlemail.com
Thu Jul 5 13:22:24 UTC 2018

Hello all,

Those of you who have been following Biopython for years are probably
aware we used to use an OBF hosted RedMine instance for our issue
tracker, but have since moved to using GitHub for this.

The OBF still pays to host this RedMine server, but it only has a few
open legacy issues left on it - and we (the OBF) would like to turn this
off.

Two years ago we (Biopython) has a big push to close or migrate most
of the issues - thanks again to Travis Wrightsman, Markus Piotrowski,
Vincent Davis and Lenna Peterson for their efforts here.

http://mailman.open-bio.org/pipermail/biopython-dev/2016-July/021463.html
http://mailman.open-bio.org/pipermail/biopython-dev/2016-July/021471.html
http://mailman.open-bio.org/pipermail/biopython-dev/2016-July/021479.html
http://mailman.open-bio.org/pipermail/biopython-dev/2016-November/021599.html

Issues already moved from RedMine to GitHub:

https://github.com/biopython/biopython/labels/From%20Redmine

Right now there are still 24 open issues - but due to an expired SSL
certificate I could only view this on Firefox by adding an exception
(it wasn't straightforward to do this on Chrome or Safari):

https://redmine.open-bio.org/projects/biopython/issues

I'll try to work though this myself, but any assistance is welcome.
Please email me off list if you need permissions added on RedMine.

Thanks,

Peter