[Biopython] Dropping Python 3.4 support?

Peter Cock p.j.a.cock at googlemail.com
Wed Dec 19 13:39:21 UTC 2018

Thanks, If the NumPy community is comfortable dropping Python 3.4
soon, I'm happier to do the same :)

It took me a little digging to find on their website but:

> Future Changes
> - NumPy 1.16 will drop support for Python 3.4.
> - NumPy 1.17 will drop support for Python 2.7.

https://docs.scipy.org/doc/numpy/release.html

In practise Biopython should be just fine with NumPy 1.15 on
Python 3.4 - I'm not actually sure what the oldest version of
NumPy everything still works with its, but 1.12 is being used
on one of the continuous integration targets.

Peter