[Biopython-dev] Adding overall coverage to blast-xml

Peter Cock p.j.a.cock at googlemail.com
Tue Sep 12 09:28:58 UTC 2017

Hi John,

At least if its qcovs (or qcovhsp) there is a clear base value
from the NCBI code for guidance and conformance testing.

I'm still a little uncomfortable with a parser inferring to many
advanced values like this, but will defer to Bow as the
SearchIO author to comment on this might fit into his
object model (e.g. does this have parallels in the other
supported formats?).

(I'm pretty sure this general topic has come up in the past,
but couldn't immediately find an old issue or email thread.)

Bow?

Peter